Question by maryann c: Anybody here popular in middle school and/or high school?
Ok so I am this really nerdy girl in 8th grade. I am smart and all, but I often feel like people are talking about how annoying I am or smiling and exchanging glances when I do something stupid. I am also really dumb at comebacks.
Therefore, I am wondering what you say/do when…….
1. A group of popular girls is partnered up with you for gym and they say “It’s just the three of us…and Courtney.”(My name is courtney.) Then they laugh and exchange glances.
2. Somebody tells you that your fly is open.
3. Somebody tells you that you are like a disgusting cow chewing with your mouth open.
4. Somebody tells you that you shouldn’t say something.
5. Somebody says who hates you constantly says to you” Courtney your ugly. No…I’m Kidding.” and shit like that.
6. One of the members of a group of girls says to you ” Courtney, I like your shirt” then the group cracks up and says “Couldn’t say that with a straight face!.” Then they laugh and exchange glances.
7. You are wearing shorts after acting a skit in front of your entire class, and this cool girl that you were starting to become friends with tells you that your butt is hanging out.
So tell me what to do in those situations because I have been through all of them. I always end up smiling, even when a group of girls is standing there laughing at me. Seriously, I need your help please.
Seriously. I need friends. I need to learn how to be popular. Never have been, and I REALLY want to be. But first I need to learn how to be cool socially. Please help and answer seriously. Be a hero!
Yes, smiling and laughing it off works occasionally, but usually it makes me look like a weak, easy pathetic target while screaming at them will make me look crazy because I am usually quiet. P.S. I unfortunately have no real friends to back me up:(
Answer by GOATS on a boat! [Zehra]
Who gives a damn about popularity?
Give your answer to this question below!